Volunteers are a huge reason why so many children and families get to enjoy camp each summer and have the ongoing support of year round recreational programs.
As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to build wonderful relationships with amazing children and families, as well as make connections with other like-minded people who want to make a difference in the world. Volunteering is an excellent opportunity to learn from others and offer your talents, while having a fantastic time!
Volunteers act as “Special Friends” at camp and are assigned to a family (at family camp) or to a couple of children (at Residential or Day Camp). It is your job to have fun and connect with your Special Friends while helping to integrate them into camp life. You also act as a camp counsellor, engaging with the children in all the camp activities.
How to become a Camp Trillium volunteer:
- Volunteers need to be 18 years old and have a passion for having fun with children. Previous experience with children is an asset.
- Volunteers for the sleepover programs at OuR Island and Rainbow Lake are required to be 18 years old. Volunteers for day camps are required to be 16 years old.
- Fill out the volunteer application. You will be contacted to arrange an interview/information meeting.
- New volunteers will be required to provide 3 references, have a police clearance and complete a Camp Trillium health record, which includes taking a tuberculosis test, and ensuring you are up-to-date on all immunizations.
- Sign up to volunteer at camp sessions that fit your schedule.
- Have fun!
For more information or for a list of upcoming volunteer opportunities, email Joel at email@example.com.
Looking forward to having you involved!
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. We are currently recruiting volunteers for our March Break Teen Conference, May Family Camp Weekends and a huge number of summer programs at OuR Garratt’s Island (near Belleville), Rainbow Lake (in Waterford) and at the day camps in Barrie, Kingston, Oakville, London, Hamilton, Toronto and Ottawa.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of available dates and current volunteer needs.
- More Information About Volunteering with Camp Trillium
- Volunteer Manual for Summer Residential and Family Camps
- Day Camp Volunteer Manual
Camp Trillium is an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during any aspect of the selection process. If you require assistance or support related to accessibility, or would like a copy of Camp Trillium’s Accessibility policies, please contact (905) 527-1992, or by email at email@example.com.